Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Sufferings : The Story So Far : Chapter 5

OMG you're still reading. Okay I'll stop. But this isn't a novel. It isn't as "cool" as the other paperbacks. Its just a dramatized version of what really happened. Like those books and movies which are based on true stories. Back to my story : We went back that very evening to the doctor who thoroughly examined the X-Ray. Like how Sherlock Holmes would look at a piece of evidence. After giving it great thought, he declared that there's some sort of infection in my chest and that a CT scan was required to "zero-in" on the problem. Along with a blood test. Pop Trivia : Are you scared of needles? 10% of the world's population piss their pants when they're approached with a needle. I'm part of the 10% but I haven't really pissed my pants so far. But yeah I'm scared as hell. I was okay with the CT scan i guess. You'll just feel claustrophobic for a few minutes but then again its just another "photo" session. A nurse came to guide me towards the labs. Do you ever realize that at most hospitals, the nurses take it for granted that you're illiterate and insist on guiding you towards labs and operation theatres even though there are signboards everywhere? I think they do it to make their presence felt. I'm not saying this based on one hospital trip. Heck in the past 2 weeks, I've become a proud member of seven different hospitals and diagnostic centres. Maybe I should be in The Guinness Book of World Records for that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.