Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Sufferings : The Story So Far : Chapter 9

Once again a nurse had to guide poor illiterate me towards the blood test area. I could hear a child wailing from inside the room. Fear struck me. I had been like that once. Inside, I still am. I was next and I'll spare you the details of the blood test. The usual thing. Sometimes I think they purposefully do it in slow motion so you'll feel scared for longer. Job satisfaction I guess. Sickos. Time always slows down or almost stops at such situations. If only I could master it for more preferable situations. After the regular blood test, there was another blood test. I was shocked when I was informed. This new thing was a 'Bleeding Time' test. Never heard of it. Its supposedly done if you're gonna undergo a surgery or something. The first thing that popped into my head when I heard of this was the scene of a local mutton stall. Goats hanging. Blood and meat everywhere. I was the goat here. And today was Bakrid for me. I wasn't mentally prepared for this 'Bleeding Time' test and the nurse refused to tell me what it was about. I found out in a few seconds though. She stabbed me thrice in the arm. In quick succession. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! A neat little connect-the-dots line. With almost perfect colinearity. I would like to use the word stab though they'd argue saying it was only a prick. But a prick is for a balloon. Whereas its people who get stabbed. I'm a person. You may not agree but I certainly am NOT a balloon. Yes, so i was stabbed thrice and they timed how long i bled. They just sat and watched my arm bleed in three places and waited for it to clot. Job satisfaction again I guess. I was done for the day. I had survived.

No comments: