Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Sufferings : The Story So Far : Chapter 8

Oh look at this. Some people find my story revolting. I just got a death threat from my uncle because he feels that the world needn't know of my sufferings. But being a great author (Like Salman Rushdie) and a retired ninja (Unlike Salman Rushdie), I fear nothing. Death threats are part of one's life. So, getting back to my story : Just as I was getting off the machine, the operator or technician or whatever he called himself came back in saying that the scan didn't come out clearly and that i need to be given 'contrast'. Just as i was wondering what that could possibly be, he grabbed my arm and slowly but surely stuck an IV needle into it. It was the thickest goddamn needle I've ever seen in my life and it hurt. To it, he leisurely connected a large bag of 'contrast dye'. Some dirty purple liquid. Alien blood probably. I was convinced that they were trying to kill me. Or torture me for money. Now i had to lie down in that hell-hole again. With my hands up. Like a weird yoga position. Except that yoga positions don't contain IV lines attached to the person. IV lines connected to alien blood. So he took me for a ride in that machine again. Thankfully he was satisfied this time. He gave me a thumbs up (No! Not the drink) through his protective glass shield and came running towards me and gleefully plucked out the IV line from my arm. Like a farmer harvesting carrots or something. I had survived. Now only the blood test remained. And if I survived that, I'd see another day. Oh btw, I would like you to keep count of certain things. Seven Hospitals & Diagnostic centers. That I've already said. And number of needles. One so far. And one more coming up. Keep counting. You're gonna need more than 2 hands. Sigh.

No comments: