Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Sufferings : The Story So Far : Chapter 7

Alright. Back to serious mode. No more funny stuff. Pure seriousness. At the lab : CT scan + Blood test remember? You gotta remove all electrical / electronic / mechanical devices attached to your body. Watch, phone, wallet and whatever little polo rolls and stuff I found. The room was freezing. My mom insisted on being in the room during the procedure. So she was given a jacket to protect her, which looked like those SWAT bullet proof vests. Except that it was reddish-blue in colour and was a full hand one. It weighed her down. Must be a hell a lot of lead in that jacket. Must be a hell a lot of radiation. I, on the other had no protection. Like I said, I was the victim here. I had to remove my Shirt and lie down in that claustrophobic tunnel-like bed. I was asked to raise my hands and had to hold them above my head throughout the procedure as the operator took me for a joy ride in that machine. Front and back. Front and back. And again. Holding and releasing my breath as per his commands, I could no longer take the cold and asked him to reduce the temperature. "Its not for you, its for the machine to work" he snapped back. Wtf? Now the machine was more important than his 'valued' customers. Somehow i survived this Siberian blizzard and got out. Little did i know that there was much more in store for me...

2 comments:

VM said...

lol you're still writing! and im still reading :P

Ganesh said...

awesome! :D